Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lost a good friend today, completely unexpected. He was a great friend to me and stood by me like a true friend should.

Life can be so great and having love in your life is amazing, but the pain that comes with the loss of a loved one really fockin sucks.

Tell someone that you love today that you appreciate them and thanks for being a great friend.

Weird thing is, I left this friend a message doing just that 2 hours before he died. He didn't check the message before he died. :(

·
Boss of the McIntyre Mob
1,981 Posts
That sux. He knows how you feel being a good friend.

I know what you mean. I lost both my folks way to early in thier and my life.

·
Member In Training
1,985 Posts
sorry to hear of this Mike, you know it was a true friend when the emotional feeling overwhelms you when a situation like this occurs....
See you next week for a group hug ;)

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Awww, sorry to hear that. :(

Yes, death sucks.
I can relate; at age 30 I lost my childhood best friend to a heart attack (he was only 30 too). I miss him dearly but find some comfort whenever my little 6 year old girlie asks about him. Like her two grandpas before him, she enever met him either, but I make it a point she knows who he was. At her young age I think she understands the importance of a best friend.

One of the proudest things I've ever done in my lifetime was deliver a kick azz eulogy at his services.

----

Hang in there :)

·
Stihl Kicking
415 Posts
My little brother lost his best friend since high school a couple days ago, he was only 45.
RIP Tony

Motorcycle accident claims the life of valley man

By :EXPRESS STAFF
A motorcycle accident claimed the life of a valley man Monday.
Anthony Elfering, 45, of Bellevue, was riding dirt bikes with his son in Muldoon Canyon, 11.5 miles east of Bellevue when the fatal accident occurred.
Chief Bart Lassman of Wood River Fire and Rescue said Elfering's dirt bike left the main road and he was thrown from his bike "landing about 20 feet away."
Elfering's son called 911 from a neighboring house at 12:48 p.m. Emergency personnel from the Blaine County Sheriff's Office and Wood River Fire and Rescue responded. Elfering was pronounced dead at the scene at 1:28 p.m. He was wearing a helmet and protective gear at the time of the accident.
Lassman said the Blaine County Sheriff's Office is investigating the crash.
Funeral services are pending under the care of the Wood River Chapel in Hailey.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Sorry for your loss Magic34. Death is always unexpected even when it is expected. Sorry for the Yogi Berra deal there but it is true. My Mom went into the hospital not too long ago and it was very evident she wasnt coming out. I spent every single night with her there and worked during the day, came home to kiss my kids and went back to the hospital for 28 nights straight. The day we had to pull the plug hit me like a freight train even though we knew it was coming.

Magic34, I hate to say this but it comes from experience. Your pain will stay around for a long time but you MUST remember all the good times and what a good person he/she was.

My condolences and Godspeed to your friend.

·
Green Go
376 Posts
Your pain will stay around for a long time but you MUST remember all the good times and what a good person he/she was.

My condolences and Godspeed to your friend.
Hang in there M34. This is going to be the norm for a while. My sincerest condlences to you and your friend's family. And may your friend rest in peace.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Sorry to read this Mike - You are absolutely right, things can and will happen unexpectedly so it's good to appreciate friends and family every day. Hang in there.

·
Hub Cap Annie & Wheel
1,926 Posts
Sorry for your loss. More like losing a brother when a friend is that close. May your friend R.I.P.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys. Appreciate the friends here and even those who I have never met act like good freinds too. Thank you.

Today really sucks.

·
Registered
199 Posts
So sorry for your loss. And thank you for reminding us to verbally acknoweldge those who mean something to us, while we still can.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've been texting some good friends today, those I have been friends with for 20+ years. Been telling them I love them and appreciate them.

The common response.... "are you dying?"

Puts a smile on my face on this day that has been pretty bad. Thank you everyone for your commments. Send a text message to a loved one. I am getting ready to call my dad who I haven't talked to in 7 months to say it. Swallowing the pride because pride doesn't mean shit when you realize what you really mean to someone else.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Awww, sorry to hear that. :(

Yes, death sucks.
I can relate; at age 30 I lost my childhood best friend to a heart attack (he was only 30 too). I miss him dearly but find some comfort whenever my little 6 year old girlie asks about him. Like her two grandpas before him, she enever met him either, but I make it a point she knows who he was. At her young age I think she understands the importance of a best friend.

One of the proudest things I've ever done in my lifetime was deliver a kick azz eulogy at his services.

----

Hang in there :)
Sorry to hear this Mike. :(

I had the same thing happen to me that happend to C-2 about 2 months after our 10 years reunion. It sucks azz but you keep remembering them and that's what gets you through. I always end up smiling/laughing after a few tears. You will, too. :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts