Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i pull up craigslist across america and find 197 Sangers forsale and only 3 Biesemeyers................i had no idea the search would pull up that.....and 80% of the boats are in california............butch

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
???

Butch,
How did you search all of the U.S.? Are you just going from state to state, or is there a function to check all?
Jeff.

765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Butch,
How did you search all of the U.S.? Are you just going from state to state, or is there a function to check all?
Jeff.

jeff i use this site to track down craiglist items across the good ole usa

http://craiglook.com:8000/all.html?q=1963+corvette&p=7

just type in what your looking for and it will pull up everything on craigslist ...nice.........im looking for a nice 63 corvette toy now.....butch

·
Distinguished Member
5,788 Posts
Butch, most of the Sanger V-Drives listed will be the modern wakeboard boat, not old school hot rods.... But your right, Cali is the mecca for hot boats, it's where it all started ;)

765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
true true guys.............not very many old ones around anymore..........and unless someone hands me 20k cash it will be a keeper as well.................heck the worst that could happen is that i give it to my nephew after im GONE .....and not before....i was going to let my nephew take it out for a spin when he was 16 but his mother wouldnt have none of that........wink wink............butch

·
Antique Member
906 Posts
Lot's of stuff for sale!!

The Lake is dried up, the work has dried up, income has dried up-let me tell you how it feels to walk by the Cole every morning- new engine, oiled down and bagged up for the winter, or who knows for how long? Count my blessings though, we aren't loosing anything at this point!! Keep shooting in the dark-sooner or later I will hit something. Bless Butterfly, she's carrying us!
Denis

765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Lake is dried up, the work has dried up, income has dried up-let me tell you how it feels to walk by the Cole every morning- new engine, oiled down and bagged up for the winter, or who knows for how long? Count my blessings though, we aren't loosing anything at this point!! Keep shooting in the dark-sooner or later I will hit something. Bless Butterfly, she's carrying us!
Denis

I agree Denis...........there are so many deals out there.....i missed a 1929 Model A car with rumble seat in excellent condition for 4k........can you believe it...........4k!.............things are bad when you see things like that.......but it sold quick......now if it was still available i may question buying it due to the economy.........well we have about 15 more months of it so batten down the hatches...........i started selling some stocks this week looking for a top in DOW at 10,500 or before........looking to short the market around then.......it would not surprise me if we got a terrorist attack within the next 4 months to flush the market again..........butch

·
Antique Member
906 Posts
!!

I agree Denis...........there are so many deals out there.....i missed a 1929 Model A car with rumble seat in excellent condition for 4k........can you believe it...........4k!.............things are bad when you see things like that.......but it sold quick......now if it was still available i may question buying it due to the economy.........well we have about 15 more months of it so batten down the hatches...........i started selling some stocks this week looking for a top in DOW at 10,500 or before........looking to short the market around then.......it would not surprise me if we got a terrorist attack within the next 4 months to flush the market again..........butch
Hate the truth, but I believe you are right on target!! I've been an optomist all of my life, but my knees are knocking right now like there is no tomorrow. My receivables are down to $400.00 this month, where I usually carry 12-15K. I cashed in an insurance policy that was to be worth 103K next year, and got 23K for it. Lost a few bucks on that one. Butterfly and I went on a cash basis only in 2002, have paid cash for everything since, and only have the house payment and utilities, insurance, etc. to worry about. I saw this coming that far back. Lot of stuff available that can be snatched up cheap right now, but I am setting on every $$ that I can. No clue where my application for a Racing Stimulus Package went. I only applied for a mere billion.:|err
Denis

·
Registered
73 Posts
true true guys.............not very many old ones around anymore..........and unless someone hands me 20k cash it will be a keeper as well.................heck the worst that could happen is that i give it to my nephew after im GONE .....and not before....i was going to let my nephew take it out for a spin when he was 16 but his mother wouldnt have none of that........wink wink............butch

So I guess I missed it for $15,000.

Edward

765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hate the truth, but I believe you are right on target!! I've been an optomist all of my life, but my knees are knocking right now like there is no tomorrow. My receivables are down to $400.00 this month, where I usually carry 12-15K. I cashed in an insurance policy that was to be worth 103K next year, and got 23K for it. Lost a few bucks on that one. Butterfly and I went on a cash basis only in 2002, have paid cash for everything since, and only have the house payment and utilities, insurance, etc. to worry about. I saw this coming that far back. Lot of stuff available that can be snatched up cheap right now, but I am setting on every $$ that I can. No clue where my application for a Racing Stimulus Package went. I only applied for a mere billion.:|err
Denis

well Denis hang in there.........there was a time in this country when people got angry.......and the government raised taxes.......then people went to town halls and yelled and screamed.......and the government raised taxes.......then the people raised their firearms and took over the government............THAT government was the british government and the year was 1776..........I see history repeating itself.........property taxes keep going up .........even after the windfall of profits made by municipalities........it just has to stop............i really dont know how these young married kids can pay a mortgage of 5k a month and 10k in property taxes every year..............butch

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
Denis
I can certainly vouch for this. We are land brokers and, although we still get to work all day-every day, we haven't had a penny of income in the past 20 months. It's getting old faster than I am, I'm sorry to say.

·
Antique Member
906 Posts
It's coming!!

well Denis hang in there.........there was a time in this country when people got angry.......and the government raised taxes.......then people went to town halls and yelled and screamed.......and the government raised taxes.......then the people raised their firearms and took over the government............THAT government was the british government and the year was 1776..........I see history repeating itself.........property taxes keep going up .........even after the windfall of profits made by municipalities........it just has to stop............i really dont know how these young married kids can pay a mortgage of 5k a month and 10k in property taxes every year..............butch
My mother told me at a very young age,(over 55 years ago), and many times there after, "Not in my life time, but in yours, you are going to see a revolution like they had in France, where the people run in the streets and murder all of the politicians". The older I get the more I realize that she may have been right in what she saw was going to happen. I've worked with Scouts the last 20 years, and the main reason I do is to pound the constitution of the United States into them, and try my best to develope some youth with real ballls. This has become increasing harder to do, as our male youth have been demasculinated, dummied down, and steered toward the Government for all of lifes answeres. It seems that most of them just want to set in friggen chair and push buttons on a stinking cell phone day in and day out, with absolutely no responsibilities in the home!! I also believe that a built in sense of entitlement is what has really accelerated the current economic situation-debt up to their ears-no way to pay it. I sat on a School Board for four years, and let me tell you what a farce that was. I could go on for hours about the corruption that starts at the bottom, not the top, and flows upwards. I was raised that you made decisions for the good of all of those around you, not for the individual-this has gone away with the teaching of "self esteem". A 20 year study of that program (self esteem), resulted in a conclusion that kids under that program care about no one but themselves!! It's going to take a lot to turn this country around, and at 64, I don't think that this is going to happen in my life time. I will however keep plugging at it.
Denis

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
. . . . our male youth have been demasculinated, dummied down, and steered toward the Government for all of lifes answeres. It seems that most of them just want to set in friggen chair and push buttons on a stinking cell phone day in and day out, with absolutely no responsibilities in the home!! I also believe that a built in sense of entitlement is what has really accelerated the current economic situation-debt up to their ears-no way to pay it . . .
VERY well said Denis, could not have said it better myself! :)devil:)devil:)devil

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
. . I've worked with Scouts the last 20 years, and the main reason I do is to pound the constitution of the United States into them, and try my best to develope some youth with real balls.
Thanks for your service Denis.
All three of my sons are Eagle Scouts. They have lots of other accomplishments any parent would proud of but these are sufficient for those who know.

·
Antique Member
906 Posts
Very Cool

Thanks for your service Denis.
All three of my sons are Eagle Scouts. They have lots of other accomplishments any parent would proud of but these are sufficient for those who know.
Congratulations on 3 Eagles!!! That reflects the amount of time and patience you gave to your sons. Most dads and moms just buy them something, and do not donate what is the most important-their time and encourgement!! When my stepson was in (11 years ago), the meetings and camping were the priority, which nailed down absolute time that I would spend with him. The results are a young man that not only got his Eagle, but AA, BS and Masters. He attributes the Leadership Program that I pushed, to much of his success. He is why I am still active-I feel that I still owe the system for what it did for him. My hat is off to all of the dads that take time with their sons and daughters-it is the most important gift that you can give them.:)devil
Denis

1 - 20 of 25 Posts