299/314 Adv.
268/278 .050"
115/115 Centers
115 Lobe sep

4.530' bore x 4.750" stroke
355 Dart Pro 1's Out of the box
12.5 to 1
Dart Tunnel with 2 x 750's

How much rpm do you think this cam will get out of this 604CID engine? Customer was told this is THE 600CID JET Boat cam to use.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
depends on impeller if it is a jet. suspect 6500 maybe a bit less with a A impeller. max hp would be higher then that. does not sound like a good combo but that is your speciality. what are you thinking?

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
I am guessing 950HP between 6300 and maybe 6500 on a good day. Might hit 7000 when you mash the button. Depending on the impellor of course. Guessing it is a NOS cam as it does have a 115 LSA on a reasonable .050 number that wouldn't require it other wise and can think of no other reason for it to be a 115 cam. You know the thing is under valved, why the hell would you widen the LSA on a cam with those .050 numbers. The thing can't breath on top with those heads and valves as it is. Its a NOS cam!
2 750s on a Dart T ram? Really? Didn't know you could bolt carbs that small to a Dart:wink2: Guess you do that when you plan on living with the button pushed any time your WOT. and your cam looks like that.

All in all, it may half ass pass as a NOS cam a for that engine, but it sure as hell suffers big time when off the spray.

EDIT: Where do I pickup my prize. Did you say a custom solid roller complete with Morel lifters?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
New here
4,219 Posts
Whew! That's a BUNCH of stroke to be swinging around at 7000!

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
I dont think it will get to much RPM form that cam with that cubic inch, compression and duration. Seems real small, maybe a good cruising cam?
Im taking a WAG at 5800.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
i think the SOB sucks,but Ive also been accused of Focking sheep's as of lately :sheep1:

·
AKA Blownjet 468
1,205 Posts
same duration @ 050 on a 112 * lsa WITH a blower on a little 468 would turn 6400rpm with a AA imp

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Yeah well I would have said "DEER" but as you already found out, There @ssholes are to high for ya, and they run way too fast!

hil:)you are correct!,ill refrain from De-railing the OP question anymore:sheep:

·
Platinum Member
2,014 Posts
741/.715 lift with 1.7 ratio
299/314 Adv.
268/278 .050"
115/115 Centers
115 Lobe sep

4.530' bore x 4.750" stroke
355 Dart Pro 1's Out of the box
12.5 to 1
Dart Tunnel with 2 x 750's

How much rpm do you think this cam will get out of this 604CID engine? Customer was told this is THE 600CID JET Boat cam to use.
Must be a Obama motor :idea:

Nothing will work like it should

·
New here
4,219 Posts
Why that LSA?
I was wondering that myself. Higher cylinder pressures? Were they thinking of turbo'ing it? At 12.5:1, I would hope/think not.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Head Janitor
690 Posts
I told you why in my first post! Its why its 15* longer on the exhaust as well.

NOS!
SPRAY!
JUICE!
SNEEZE!
GIGGLE GAS!

I get that, but the rest of the cam doesn't line up with a boost cam. Seriously though, wouldnt that be part of the description in the OP? Thought it was an "emissions" cam?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Why dont we do a test. Run that cam and then do the same cam at 108 or whatever. Peak numbers will be very close. Dont matter, when the 2x750's are pullin' 2 inches of vac. at 5500!. I will buy the cam if GN7 picks the LSA. Just to proove a point.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
I assume when you say boost cam, you are refering to boosted HP and not pressure. Its the only thing that makes any sense at all. The engine is way way under valved, which would normally dictate a cam with a narrower LSA than normal, certainly not wider.
Gut says it may have been installed advanced by as much as 6 maybe even 8 degrees too. Maybe not, just a gut feeling.
I am no cam guru, but the thing makes no sense otherwise.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Why dont we do a test. Run that cam and then do the same cam at 108 or whatever. Peak numbers will be very close. Dont matter, when the 2x750's are pullin' 2 inches of vac. at 5500!. I will buy the cam if GN7 picks the LSA. Just to proove a point.
The peak numbers may very well be same, but possibly at a different RPM. Regardless, does your bet still hold true when the button is pushed. With enough NOS under the carbs, you could throw carb covers over them and it won't matter. I doubt it is running much more than +350 of spray.

·
Head Janitor
690 Posts
I assume when you say boost cam, you are refering to boosted HP and not pressure. Its the only thing that makes any sense at all. The engine is way way under valved, which would normally dictate a cam with a narrower LSA than normal, certainly not wider.
Gut says it may have been installed advanced by as much as 6 maybe even 8 degrees too. Maybe not, just a gut feeling.
I am no cam guru, but the thing makes no sense otherwise.
Yeah, I meant forced induction. I think there's got to be a catch...even that LSA is too wide for an FI engine of that size...plus the rest of the cam doesn't seem like an FI cam. Maybe N2O, but why kill that much of the N/A power?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts