Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Premium Member
769 Posts
Interesting!!!
I think I figured out how it can be accomplished. 12M in new taxes for all of us hard working Americans and a free park hopper pass to Disneyland for those who dont work or to those who should not be in this country.. sound bout right??

· Registered
1,869 Posts
I dont see the option for kicking out all of the illegals which would have saved well over 50 billion over the last 5 years. How about the option to renegotiate the prison guard contracts?

1,444 Posts
6b deficit and 18B in cuts. There's more proposals that need to be put on the table and they have everything to do with illegals. Our state legislature is a bunch of woosies. They won't tackle the real problems.

· Living in a cage of fear
16,524 Posts
I got it down to 3.7 Bil deficit with about 8 bill in taxes and 11 bill in cuts.
BUT, the trump card is not there, as stated before. Cut everything to illegals and we all eat Lobster!
This is all nickel and dime stuff, they are ignoring the root cause.

· 32 DW X-CAT
2,266 Posts
I dont see the option for kicking out all of the illegals which would have saved well over 50 billion over the last 5 years. How about the option to renegotiate the prison guard contracts?
Hit the nail right on the head!

I would start first with the friggin department of corrections probably the biggest waste of money ever. We have turned our state into a penal institution and spend abhorrent amounts of money to put people in jail.

I say have a damn express lane for death row inmates let's face it they are never going to be rehabilitated. Take all the drug offenders and make them work the sentence off via picking recyclables out of the trash trucks. This would be a for profit business venture with all recyclables being sold to Alcoa and the like.

Eliminate all administrative positions not actively involved in management of a working governmental agency.

Then enact heavy fines for hiring any undocumented workers illegally here in this country and state. Have the State Board of Equalization enforce this fine because those wonderful people would get every dime and they are like the mob they never forget.

We then use the money from the fines to offer property tax an other financial incentives to employers who develop businesses in California and who hire at least 40 workers. Even bigger incentives to manufacturing businesses who hire 100 or more employees that should have us rolling real quick.

Oh! don't forget to open all markets to our agricultural exports from hay to wheat, corn and rice more of a Federal issue but hey lets at least apply the pressure now.

Hell somebody wake me up from this dream because the reality is were headed for a nightmare year.

KAP

· Registered
3,563 Posts
The options for all catigories that I checked were bogus. This is a results oriented poll, that is specifically designed to produce results that would support raising taxes.

· Registered
1,284 Posts
This is rigged to try and make people feel that there is no other way other than to raise taxes. CA needs to cut off illegal immigration as a big part of the problem but also renegotiate the union contracts. Another big one would be to bring in an independent contractor to rate efficiency of the work force. Large corporations do it all the time can you imagine what the results would be in a state office. Most state agencies employ way to many people. I've brought this up before but the Cal-Trans office by my work has about 6 guys that sit in a bar across the street 5 days a week. They all cover for eachother 2 will come hang out for a while and then they leave and then a couple more show up. They justify it by the fact that they are efficient and get all of their work done with time to spare well in my eyes then there are to many people working there. Not to mention the retirement and medical benefits they receive these guys sit in a bar and rack up weeks of vacation time, the tax payers foot the bill for their entire families medical, and when it is all said and done working people will pay them 90% of their salary for the rest of there life.

· Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My conclusion is that the State of Ca is doomed. The people of the State will not and can not keep up with the Tax increases one of many things will happen
1. The working people leave the State, it does not matter how much you make it matters how much you keep after all of the Taxes.
2. The politicians wise up and make good choices for the people.(not likely)
3. The people of the State vote out all of them come 2010. (slight chance of this)

Feel free to add to this list

· Registered
30 Posts
Budget

Remember these Bozo Dem's that have been running our legislature now and for more than 15 years put us in this mess for one reason and only one reason to keep a Voting base so that they could get re-elected. The don't give a crap about making tough business decisions that are best for the whole state, they just do whatever it takes to get re elected. They keep giving away more money through Social Programs and keep legislating the unions more power just to get votes. They have no clue what a budget means, to them it means "raising taxes". This will not change anytime soon until we get business people in office. I myself am looking for a Vacation Home and was seriously considering Discovery Bay, Ca. but now have decided it would be best to buy something in another state.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.