Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about running Zoomies on my boat.

This is my cruiser and I dont want to be deaf after a 15 mile drive down river. Basically I just want to know if they're just too load for a river boat?

Any opinions appreciated.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Im thinking about running Zoomies on my boat.

This is my cruiser and I dont want to be deaf after a 15 mile drive down river. Basically I just want to know if they're just too load for a river boat?

Any opinions appreciated.
Ever been punched in the head by hell? :):)punchReality

GT :)hand

·
6TH STREET MAFIA PRES.
1,493 Posts
Extremely loud... Also they will hurt the performance of just a mild N\A motor.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
I like the upswept headers best. Fwiw when I ran these headers 1 time without the collectors,wot, my ears would ring bad(small 427 5k)... With the collectors on (and more cubes) They seem to be as quiet as an ot bassett. I would have never thought that extra foot or 2 of collector would have made that much difference.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Basically YES

I have a set on mine.. I love em and get compliments all the time about them. Everyone in our crew runs your basic OT exhausts, so its different.
I run baffles and water through mine and Yes its still loud, you can tell a difference with the baffles and water but the sound just seems to resonate in the hull. I dont plan on taken mine off anytime soon, as they are easy to clean and to work around. Then again I dont cruise in my boat for long distances.. ALSO I was told the same thing as DJD said, it would hurt an N?A motor, mines blown so no worries here... Hope this helps n your decision..!

·
Premium Member
3,276 Posts
Mine read 118 db at idle. You'll go nuts if you have to cruise any no wake zones.

·
The Man
1,788 Posts
I was going to a while back but was told they'd hurt a N/A motor more than they'd help.

·
6TH STREET MAFIA PRES.
1,493 Posts
I wouldn't be putting them on a "mild" built engine.

I'm going to stick with twisties. I just love the way zoomies look.
I think we have different ideas about what mild is!!!!! I would imagine if you are making around 1000 hp and a little bottle they would work on a N\A motor but not on a little 800 hp deal.

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think we have different ideas about what mild is!!!!! I would imagine if you are making around 1000 hp and a little bottle they would work on a N\A motor but not on a little 800 hp deal.
What 800 deal?
950hp with a 175 shot.

I don't think I'm king of the track or river....like you. But I don't believe my deal is mild!

·
6TH STREET MAFIA PRES.
1,493 Posts
What 800 deal?
950hp with a 175 shot.

I don't think I'm king of the track or river....like you. But I don't believe my deal is mild!
I never said i was the king of anything i was just giving examples to you and explaining what i meant by mild thats all. Enjoy and have fun.:)hand

·
Registered
854 Posts
I put zoomies on my new blower set up ,you will lose your ear wax problem . lol

·
"Try it Now!"
3,704 Posts
Dang, i would think it's kind of like painting numbers on your boat..you get zoomies/numbers you'd better be able to back it up! LOL How about the headers kind of like the ones above, but sit lower inthe boat w/upsweep. Those look nice!

Edit: (rivertrash, not saying you can't back it up. I , too, love seeing/hearing zoomies. That's just good clean fun right there!)

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I took mine off and sold them before I ran it (they were very cool) definatley applicable for a Race boat Blower set up (not for NA as said) Also in my area for a Lake boat they are an invitation to a Lake patrol/Ranger "stop"/inspection/or "get that thing off the lake"

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,078 Posts
What 800 deal?
950hp with a 175 shot.

If I read that right that would be 775 N/A, yes :)bulb

As DJD stated off the Nos the power will be compromised. How much?;who knows.

Ask Farmer John how loud his are, but his is a blown deal. Bostick has zommies on his 500" Crusader, he can tell you. In any case, in a boat that you'll be cruising 15 miles in I wouldn't do it.

S CP :D

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If I read that right that would be 775 N/A, yes :)bulb

As DJD stated off the Nos the power will be compromised. How much?;who knows.

Ask Farmer John how loud his are, but his is a blown deal. Bostick has zommies on his 500" Crusader, he can tell you. In any case, in a boat that you'll be cruising 15 miles in I wouldn't do it.

S CP :D

No. 950 n/a plus 175 shot.;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts