Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wow is all I can say...can't believe it was so busy today...hundreds of boats and dozens of idiots...we took the boat out this morning thinking we would get a few hours in without the river being a zoo...guess we were wrong, maybe I am the idiot...:D...

Got cut off at least 5 times within 200 yards of the entrance into the channel coming in around 4...no courtesy what so ever...thankfully I have gained some self control in my old age or I would be soaking both fists due to some serious swollen knuckles......Going to Moabi for some peace and quiet is a thing of the past............

No law enforcement seen what so ever, no rangers, no one watching all the craziness, someone is going to get hurt, lets hope they get smart before it happens.......

Attachments

·
Administrator
11,501 Posts
Wow is all I can say...can't believe it was so busy today...hundreds of boats and dozens of idiots...we took the boat out this morning thinking we would get a few hours in without the river being a zoo...guess we were wrong, maybe I am the idiot...:D...

Got cut off at least 5 times within 200 yards of the entrance into the channel coming in around 4...no courtesy what so ever...thankfully I have gained some self control in my old age or I would soaking both fists due to some seriou swollen knuckles......Going to Moabi for some peace and quiet is a thing of the past............

No law enforcement seen what so ever, no rangers, no one watching all the craziness, someone is going to get hurt, lets hope they get smart before it happens.......
It's interesting (and no reflection on your post) the concern for more LE presence when I see so many posts complaining about LE in various locales.

I share your feelings btw. :)

That's too bad. That is what made Moabi so enjoyable...Oh well, progress...I guess...
Haven't been there in quite awhile, spent a lot of time there in the 80's-90's. Guess I won't be back given the pics. (Rexone dislikes crowds and chaos). :D

·
Registered
700 Posts

Got cut off at least 5 times within 200 yards of the entrance into the channel coming in around 4...no courtesy what so ever...thankfully I have gained some self control in my old age or I would be soaking both fists due to some serious swollen knuckles......Going to Moabi for some peace and quiet is a thing of the past............
Anymore you have to go places during the week in order to avoid crowds.....

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello Rex, I was very surprised myself with the lack of LEO presence today. Last weekend was packed with LEO's due to the safety check...I am guessing they under estimated the crowds for a Friday.......let's see what the presence is like tomorrow......

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,238 Posts
The river was a madhouse, too. I've never seen so much traffic. We ran up to Topock for ice cream for my granddaughter, and the chop was amazing. Topock wasn't full, so it had to be Moabi.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.