Cav Plate Geometry
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread:
Cav Plate Geometry

  1. #1
    Senior Member 500BBC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    CIUDAD MEXICO NORTE
    Posts
    6,008

    Default Cav Plate Geometry

    I'm redoing my plates. Currently have the old Hallcraft hexbar setup and will be installing a 1" control bar.

    How do I determine control arm length and turnbuckle angle?

    19' Schiada,, blown/injected.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	plates 001.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	342818  
    "Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it. Not smack, though" President Barack Obama.

    Liberals just chose to ignore relevant information about the world they live in, and then call themselves sophisticated for having chosen to be more stupid than God made them.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 500BBC View Post
    I'm redoing my plates. Currently have the old Hallcraft hexbar setup and will be installing a 1" control bar.

    How do I determine control arm length and turnbuckle angle?

    19' Schiada,, blown/injected.
    Before you start adjusting besure to lubricate the threads really well with fishing reel oil... Im sure you know where to find some...

    Sorry, I have nothing else to add... I think everyone that can answer your quesiton is en route to Long Beach/Marine Stadium...
    Pat Eason, the voice of reason...

  4. #3
    Senior Member 500BBC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    CIUDAD MEXICO NORTE
    Posts
    6,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    Before you start adjusting besure to lubricate the threads really well with fishing reel oil... Im sure you know where to find some...

    Sorry, I have nothing else to add... I think everyone that can answer your quesiton is en route to Long Beach/Marine Stadium...
    While you're there go to the GN pit, measure and photograph everyone's set up and let me know the specs.

    I lube all my junk with rendered tuna heads BTW.
    Last edited by 500BBC; 08-02-2013 at 04:48 PM.
    "Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it. Not smack, though" President Barack Obama.

    Liberals just chose to ignore relevant information about the world they live in, and then call themselves sophisticated for having chosen to be more stupid than God made them.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    111

    Default

    Don't you need a decent battery for those plates to work Brad??? See you in Sept.

  7. #5
    Senior Member 500BBC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    CIUDAD MEXICO NORTE
    Posts
    6,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 77Mandella View Post
    Don't you need a decent battery for those plates to work Brad??? See you in Sept.
    NICE!

    Smart ass, Marko actually responded with hopefully, a cure. I'm agonna try and get it right before Sept.

    Gina's coming too with William so her and Leslie are in charge of us nitwits.
    "Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it. Not smack, though" President Barack Obama.

    Liberals just chose to ignore relevant information about the world they live in, and then call themselves sophisticated for having chosen to be more stupid than God made them.

  8. #6
    Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 500BBC View Post
    While you're there go to the GN pit, measure and photograph everyone's set up and let me know the specs.

    I lube all my junk with rendered tuna heads BTW.
    Brother, if I was there I surely would...

    10-4 on the tuna grease, make sure it is sushi grade though...
    Pat Eason, the voice of reason...

  9. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 500BBC View Post
    NICE!

    Smart ass, Marko actually responded with hopefully, a cure. I'm agonna try and get it right before Sept.

    Gina's coming too with William so her and Leslie are in charge of us nitwits.

    Let me know if I can help with anything.
    Good to know someone will be in charge, those wild charging burros at midnight can be dangerous

    Jeb

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95