Idaho performance boat gathering
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 56

Thread:
Idaho performance boat gathering

  1. #1
    Senior Member EricRiggen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    196

    Default Idaho performance boat gathering

    I think it would be great to get a group of us together early next year to start the boating season. If we plan it now people could plan for it, we could go to lucky peak or anderson ranch or wherever what does everyone think?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Half a bubble off jrork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Silverdale, Washington
    Posts
    2,467

    Default

    Hi Eric. Where abouts in Idaho are those two places you mentioned? You thinking big boats, little boats or a spot where both could hang out together?

  4. #3
    i'm back!! 1QuickCP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    687

    Default

    That would be cool, i vote smooth water,small lake,good racin...

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member EricRiggen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jrork View Post
    Hi Eric. Where abouts in Idaho are those two places you mentioned? You thinking big boats, little boats or a spot where both could hang out together?
    Hey how have you been John! Those two places are around boise idaho, and who ever wants to come big boats little boats. V drives- jets- whackers it doesn't matter just to see bitchen boats and meet new people.

  7. #5
    Half a bubble off jrork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Silverdale, Washington
    Posts
    2,467

    Default

    Been doing good pard. Never got the boat wet this year as we've been doing more family stuff. Looking forward to trying to do more next year.

    How have you guys been?

  8. #6
    Senior Member EricRiggen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    196

    Default

    We have been good put the boat in the water as much as money would allow! It is getting a new gel coat and upholstrey this winter.So would you be able to make it if we have enough people to make it worth while i think it would be alot of fun>

  9. #7
    Blown, OHBA Member Wild Hair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Okmulgee Okla.
    Posts
    2,811

    Default

    Forgive the intrusion, I just wanted to say 5 years ago some of us wanted to do the same thing. The first year only had two weeks notice and only had a dozen or so show up

    Second year OHBA was formed had a year to plan and get the word out, more than tripled that

    It has kept growing from there, Our last boat bash had around 70 hot rods from all over including Kansas, Mississippi, Texas, and Arkansas, This event took place on Okmulgee lake In Oklahoma which is a small but clean lake. The people we have met and the good times shared will be a good part of our lives from now on. To me keeping this hobby/sport alive and strong is as important as breathing, So in your indevor to have a good gathering of folks remember the future of our hobby is in our kids so please remember to include them.

    Thanks and good luck
    Don
    Last edited by Wild Hair; 09-12-2010 at 04:34 AM.
    OHBA GROWTH THROUGH PARTICIPATION
    Built Cheyenne Tuff, With Chevy Stuff.
    well the block is GM any ways


    GOD BLESS AMERICA AND KEEP HER SAFE

    LOCK N LOAD AMERICA, OUR 2nd AMENDMENT
    IS UNDER FIRE


  10. #8
    Senior Member EricRiggen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Hair View Post
    Forgive the intrusion, I just wanted to say 5 years ago some of us wanted to do the same thing. The first year only had two weeks notice and only had a dozen or so show up

    Second year OHBA was formed had a year to plan and get the word out, more than tripled that

    It has kept growing from there, Our last boat bash had around 70 hot rods from all over including Kansas, Mississippi, Texas, and Arkansas, This event took place on Okmulgee lake In Oklahoma which is a small but clean lake. The people we have met and the good times shared will be a good part of our lives from now on. To me keeping this hobby/sport alive and strong is as important as breathing, So in your indevor to have a good gathering of folks remember the future of our hobby is in our kids so please remember to include them.

    Thanks and good luck
    Don

    Very well said thanks!
    Eric Riggen

  11. #9
    Senior Member sleekcraft137's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Star, ID
    Posts
    511

    Default

    I should have my sanger water ready by then(godwilling)
    And the new project begins!

  12. #10
    Half a bubble off jrork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Silverdale, Washington
    Posts
    2,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EricRiggen View Post
    We have been good put the boat in the water as much as money would allow! It is getting a new gel coat and upholstrey this winter.So would you be able to make it if we have enough people to make it worth while i think it would be alot of fun>
    Not sure at the moment as we're changing up the boats a bit and I don't know when I'll have it all done but for sure I'll keep and eye on this thread as you get more info up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Hair View Post
    Forgive the intrusion, I just wanted to say 5 years ago some of us wanted to do the same thing. The first year only had two weeks notice and only had a dozen or so show up

    Second year OHBA was formed had a year to plan and get the word out, more than tripled that

    It has kept growing from there, Our last boat bash had around 70 hot rods from all over including Kansas, Mississippi, Texas, and Arkansas, This event took place on Okmulgee lake In Oklahoma which is a small but clean lake. The people we have met and the good times shared will be a good part of our lives from now on. To me keeping this hobby/sport alive and strong is as important as breathing, So in your indevor to have a good gathering of folks remember the future of our hobby is in our kids so please remember to include them.

    Thanks and good luck
    Don
    As Eric said, this is an excellent post and your prioritys are spot on in my opinion. I wish you continued success in making this a event.......john

  13. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Idaho Falls, Idaho
    Posts
    9

    Default

    There are a lot of flats, jets and performance stern drives in South East Idaho. Set a date, and I could start talking it up over here. Just a few hours drive for us.

  14. #12
    Liquid Louie flatcrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Boise, Id
    Posts
    262

    Default

    You guys know we have Hot Boat Tuesdays every week at Lucky Peak? Sometimes over 20 boats show up from every catagory! RCL got this started and it's become a real nice deal! They even let whacker and Jets in!

  15. #13
    Sushi Inspector Wicky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    2,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flatcrzy View Post
    You guys know we have Hot Boat Tuesdays every week at Lucky Peak? Sometimes over 20 boats show up from every catagory! RCL got this started and it's become a real nice deal! They even let whacker and Jets in!
    They never let me in.....I had to park in the handicap zone all the way over in the next latitude !! AS far as the jets go....well....those were court ordered!!
    8)
    Re-introduce the wolves and bannish all the bully breads!!!! This country is falling faster than we realize it!! Freedom....a term our kids will be learning in school in a HISTORY book sooner than later!!!
    Daddy....what was it like to have FREEDOM when you were young?

  16. #14
    Senior Member Mojave85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Boise, Idaho
    Posts
    628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wicky View Post
    They never let me in.....I had to park in the handicap zone all the way over in the next latitude !! AS far as the jets go....well....those were court ordered!!
    8)

    Easy there !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95