saguaro or pleasant this weekend day trip
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 20

Thread:
saguaro or pleasant this weekend day trip

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    32

    Default saguaro or pleasant this weekend day trip

    any jet boaters going to either one this weekend. Got some buddys making it there last time to lake this summer. I tried telling thim plenty of time

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member cave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    4,704

    Default

    Im thinking of Bartlett myself. Maybe Saturday. Maybe.
    Takin it home

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    241

    Default

    Sagauaro regulars... couple questions: Was thinking about comming up for a change from lower river boating. Probably stay somewhere in PHX Fri eve and head out Sat. Google says Beeline HWY. Is that good info? Was looking at Power Rd/Bush Hwy. Also, any idea if there will be parking available for truck/trailer at the ramp late Sat morning? Are there beaches I can let my freindly dog run around on? Thanks in advance.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member cave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    4,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duck660 View Post
    Sagauaro regulars... couple questions: Was thinking about comming up for a change from lower river boating. Probably stay somewhere in PHX Fri eve and head out Sat. Google says Beeline HWY. Is that good info? Was looking at Power Rd/Bush Hwy. Also, any idea if there will be parking available for truck/trailer at the ramp late Sat morning? Are there beaches I can let my freindly dog run around on? Thanks in advance.
    Either way will get you there. Why stay in Fenix? To much drama there. Mesa Tempe Scottsdale are closer.

    Bout this time of year you might get on in the afternoon. Mid Summer, aint gunna happen. There are small beaches on the lake shore were you can hang with your dog. On the beach, your gunna need a leash. Just in case the Deputies are inforcing the leash laws.

    Beeline is also Country Club Drive through Mesa and Arizona Ave theu Chandler. From Phoenix I would take the 60 to the 202 to Power Road Head north or turn left. Head to the Lake that way. Power is also Bush Highway. Arizona like to name the same roads different in every city.

    Bartlett is a better choice but if the water is up there are little to no beaches.

    Be prepaired for a bit rougher ride if the wake boats are out.
    Takin it home

  7. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    241

    Default

    Big Thanks. I said I would stay in Phoenix but not being a local, everything within 20 miles of the airport is PHX to me. Mesa/Scottsdale make more sense. Good info on the parking situation, directions and the dog. We have the same problem in Yuma with dogs on sandbars without leashes. The rough ride thing has me concerned but it may be worth a change of scenery. Hope to see you out there one of these days. Thanks again

  8. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cave View Post
    Either way will get you there. Why stay in Fenix? To much drama there. Mesa Tempe Scottsdale are closer.

    Bout this time of year you might get on in the afternoon. Mid Summer, aint gunna happen. There are small beaches on the lake shore were you can hang with your dog. On the beach, your gunna need a leash. Just in case the Deputies are inforcing the leash laws.

    Beeline is also Country Club Drive through Mesa and Arizona Ave theu Chandler. From Phoenix I would take the 60 to the 202 to Power Road Head north or turn left. Head to the Lake that way. Power is also Bush Highway. Arizona like to name the same roads different in every city.

    Bartlett is a better choice but if the water is up there are little to no beaches.

    Be prepaired for a bit rougher ride if the wake boats are out.
    is saturday or sunday a bigger crowd at saguaro

  9. #7
    Senior Member lake p.a.l.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Benicia, CA
    Posts
    1,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scatterbrains View Post
    is saturday or sunday a bigger crowd at saguaro
    Usually Saturday but there are wake barges both days every weekend.

  10. #8
    Senior Member 78Eliminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lake p.a.l. View Post
    Usually Saturday but there are wake barges both days every weekend.
    thats why i go to pleasant

  11. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6

    Default

    What is a lake barge? That pattle thing, jump that sh__!!

  12. #10
    Senior Member UNASHAMED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Tucson, Az
    Posts
    1,073

    Default

    I'm save'n mine for power tour
    "Don't make me get my penguin"

  13. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UNASHAMED View Post
    I'm save'n mine for power tour
    what is a lake barge? that was my plan but i cant stay off the lake, too hot. I have a good video of your boat in front of sandbar on labor day weekendmaking a pass once i figure how to put up i will post it

  14. #12
    Senior Member cave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    4,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duck660 View Post
    Big Thanks. I said I would stay in Phoenix but not being a local, everything within 20 miles of the airport is PHX to me. Mesa/Scottsdale make more sense. Good info on the parking situation, directions and the dog. We have the same problem in Yuma with dogs on sandbars without leashes. The rough ride thing has me concerned but it may be worth a change of scenery. Hope to see you out there one of these days. Thanks again
    I might be out this weekend. Bartlett is my 1st choice. I have a wedding to go to in PArker on the same weekend as the power tour. Or I'd be calling Dale for a place to crash. Or at least see if his boss would rent the 5th wheel out.

    Quote Originally Posted by scatterbrains View Post
    is saturday or sunday a bigger crowd at saguaro
    Saturday is a bigger craowd. More Family oreinted. Sunday is and can be bigger when everyone comes out and parties. Sunday is also more party people types. No crazy stuff just more drinking going on. Pole dancing wake barges show up.

    Quote Originally Posted by 78Eliminator View Post
    thats why i go to pleasant
    If it was closer I would go too. But I dont mind the wakes anymore like I used too. I just run slower now. Eventually someone will invent something that wakers hate.lol Waker do haul People. Sometimes 12 to a boat. WHo needs a fat sack with all that weight.

    WAKEBARGE is a wake Boat. AKA Malibu, Tige, Ski Nautique, Mooba, ect. ect. ect.
    Takin it home

  15. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cave View Post
    I might be out this weekend. Bartlett is my 1st choice. I have a wedding to go to in PArker on the same weekend as the power tour. Or I'd be calling Dale for a place to crash. Or at least see if his boss would rent the 5th wheel out.


    Saturday is a bigger craowd. More Family oreinted. Sunday is and can be bigger when everyone comes out and parties. Sunday is also more party people types. No crazy stuff just more drinking going on. Pole dancing wake barges show up.



    If it was closer I would go too. But I dont mind the wakes anymore like I used too. I just run slower now. Eventually someone will invent something that wakers hate.lol Waker do haul People. Sometimes 12 to a boat. WHo needs a fat sack with all that weight.

    WAKEBARGE is a wake Boat. AKA Malibu, Tige, Ski Nautique, Mooba, ect. ect. ect.
    looking for more the party thats why i was thinking pleasant but then once i get out in water i hate it because of chop i went to float fest and that was my first time to saguaro and like the scene. so you recommend sunday for that

  16. #14
    Senior Member cave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    4,704

    Default

    It varys. Right now its kinda of the end of summer crowd. Both days are a hit or miss. If I go Saturday, Sunday will prolly be the Good day and vise versa. At least thats what I'm told when I get there. "BRO YOU SHOULD OF BEEN HERE YESTERDAY"

    Sundays have always been a better day. Saturdays are more for relaxing.

    Pleasant is just a constant float. I need to get my feet on some sand. I must agree that Pleasant has the pasty girls. So I've been told. Never witnessed.

    Saguaro is a great little lake. Its about the same length as Parker. The current at the beach can be as fast as Parkers too. If you beach your boat watch the water . If the dam is pumping back the water drops FAST! Its calm for the most part with a small current. But when they release more water it happens fast. Just watch you boat. I teather mine front and back so I don't have top mess with it.

    I may be out Saturday. I'll be up on the front beach if I am. Floating or beached. Im kinda feeling my riding needs right now. I want to camp and get some desert dirt in my hair.
    Takin it home

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95