Nitrous fogger setup
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 24

Thread:
Nitrous fogger setup

  1. #1
    Senior Member 18GullwingMailman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Conway, AR
    Posts
    679

    Default Nitrous fogger setup

    I currently have a pro shot fogger, setup with two solenoids per side; one fuel, one nitrous.

    Is there any reason not to use one of the higher horsepower rated solenoids and only use one fuel and one nitrous solenoid to feed the whole system? I am about to order a new pair of Super Pro Shot solenoids, supposedly rated at 400hp each. Since I won't spray near that capacity, wouldn't my needs be met by one of NOS's 600 hp solenoids, provided I don't spray that much? Say, a 400 shot total?

    I am thinking about ONE of these nitrous solenoids failing and leaving one working, causing a serious unbalance of horsepower on one side of the engine, the results of which would NOT be pretty!

    Having only one fuel and one nitrous solenoid feeding both seems like a safer way to do this.

    Thoughts, comments and criticism welcome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fogger on boat.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	169587  
    Last edited by 18GullwingMailman; 07-18-2012 at 04:26 PM.
    WFL Crew <----------> WFL Crew

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member Widetrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southwest corner AR
    Posts
    4,045

    Default

    Call and ask NOS they will set you stright!


    SOMEONE SAID YOU CAN'T TAKE IT WITH YOU! SO,IM BURNING IT UP ONE GALLON AT A TIME!
    WT

    WFL Crew!!!

  4. #3
    Senior Member TNYoungblood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    5,094

    Default

    Still ain't gonna be enough for that turbo powered 20
    WFLC The REAL #321 Kentucky Drag Boat Association 2016 NJBA 10.0 High Points Champ

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member 18GullwingMailman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Conway, AR
    Posts
    679

    Default You're on crack

    Quote Originally Posted by TNYoungblood View Post
    Still ain't gonna be enough for that turbo powered 20
    Had enough at BB. Let him leave and I won't let THAT shit happen again! I posted up elsewhere about that run. Not taking nothin away from him. He's bad. No doubt about it. Talked to him afterwards and I now see what's up. He has a lag time of about a second and a half after hits it before his boat reacts. We both choose power adders. He, twins; me - nitrous. Next time we meet, I am leaving at the nod; not when his I hear his engine come up. When that dudes engine comes up - its too late. But...that's lake racin' and there ain't no place for a nice guy there. Well there is. Last!

    Didnt see you line up with him, Mikey.
    WFL Crew <----------> WFL Crew

  7. #5
    Senior Member stallion176's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    479

    Default

    I still dont understand how you broken bow guys say i leave on you. I dont have any launch control, i have a standard lake set up with forward and reverse. When I press the gas to go it moves the boat forward but it just has no boost. When we got to the bouy or you seen my boat leave you still had a good sencond or 2 to get yours up and moving and in reality that is plenty of time for you nitrous guys to get out in front. Wether your sleeping at the line or eating a sandwich that is your business but as far as a turbo boat leaving on a na or nitrous boat there is just no sense in that statement. It would be different if we could hold the boat stationary and build boost off the line then dump it and go, then you sir, would have a valid point.
    Youngblood TX-20 Twin Turbo 496ci bbc {TURBO BOYZ}

  8. #6
    Senior Member Hass828's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    okie, lake Texoma
    Posts
    6,271

    Default

    I just love watching the nitrous guys start leaning on there stuff to try to keep up,LMAO! Within a pass or two it usually looks something like this. So make sure to keep your distance Eric
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nuclear-explosion.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	169845
    Last edited by Hass828; 07-20-2012 at 07:07 AM.
    "if we keep doing it the same way we always do..we will always get the same results"
    H8-2-W8
    [email protected] first pass

  9. #7
    21' Liberator Jet NORDIC454's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    BIG D
    Posts
    523

    Default

    I always thought/observed nitrous deals leaving-launching harder than any other combo...
    Last edited by NORDIC454; 07-20-2012 at 07:17 AM.

  10. #8
    "BEER BUDGET RACING" Bodean's Hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Okmulgee, Oklahoma, United States
    Posts
    3,621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stallion176 View Post
    I still dont understand how you broken bow guys say i leave on you. I dont have any launch control, i have a standard lake set up with forward and reverse. When I press the gas to go it moves the boat forward but it just has no boost. When we got to the bouy or you seen my boat leave you still had a good sencond or 2 to get yours up and moving and in reality that is plenty of time for you nitrous guys to get out in front. Wether your sleeping at the line or eating a sandwich that is your business but as far as a turbo boat leaving on a na or nitrous boat there is just no sense in that statement. It would be different if we could hold the boat stationary and build boost off the line then dump it and go, then you sir, would have a valid point.
    That's your launch control, its hooking up instead of burning the impeller.
    Last edited by Bodean's Hammer; 07-20-2012 at 07:25 AM.

  11. #9
    Senior Member 18GullwingMailman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Conway, AR
    Posts
    679

    Default Don't take that the wrong way!

    Quote Originally Posted by stallion176 View Post
    I still dont understand how you broken bow guys say i leave on you. I dont have any launch control, i have a standard lake set up with forward and reverse. When I press the gas to go it moves the boat forward but it just has no boost. When we got to the bouy or you seen my boat leave you still had a good sencond or 2 to get yours up and moving and in reality that is plenty of time for you nitrous guys to get out in front. Wether your sleeping at the line or eating a sandwich that is your business but as far as a turbo boat leaving on a na or nitrous boat there is just no sense in that statement. It would be different if we could hold the boat stationary and build boost off the line then dump it and go, then you sir, would have a valid point.
    No man. Don't take it like you left on me! What I do when I lake race is wait till the other guy's engine comes up. Usually, that works out well for me. I have more than enough motor to take care of almost anyone and if not - I WILL bring in the bottle! I learned about lining up with a turbo boat that day! Talking to you - hey. Cool. You did get to that buoy first and on the lake, that's what it's about! The boat is badass! I just treated you like I did everyone else and got bit! I'd never seen a turbo boat race before that day and never lined up against one. I ain't sore at all! Just got taught a lesson and it's all good! Next time, tho...I'm hittin it after the nod! If you wanna come play this weekend in Arkansas, I'll try again!

    Was good to meet you and I am fascinated by how much power you, Hass and Dillon are layin down. TOO much sometimes! Awesome work at being different and hauling major ass! Hope to see you again soon!

    John
    WFL Crew <----------> WFL Crew

  12. #10
    "BEER BUDGET RACING" Bodean's Hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Okmulgee, Oklahoma, United States
    Posts
    3,621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 18GullwingMailman View Post

    Is there any reason not to use one of the higher horsepower rated solenoids and only use one fuel and one nitrous solenoid to feed the whole system?

    Having only one fuel and one nitrous solenoid feeding both seems like a safer way to do this.

    Thoughts, comments and criticism welcome.
    Are you going with the 1 fuel, 1 N2O noids? curious to see how that works out. The setup would be clean as hell IMO

  13. #11
    Senior Member stallion176's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 18GullwingMailman View Post
    No man. Don't take it like you left on me! What I do when I lake race is wait till the other guy's engine comes up. Usually, that works out well for me. I have more than enough motor to take care of almost anyone and if not - I WILL bring in the bottle! I learned about lining up with a turbo boat that day! Talking to you - hey. Cool. You did get to that buoy first and on the lake, that's what it's about! The boat is badass! I just treated you like I did everyone else and got bit! I'd never seen a turbo boat race before that day and never lined up against one. I ain't sore at all! Just got taught a lesson and it's all good! Next time, tho...I'm hittin it after the nod! If you wanna come play this weekend in Arkansas, I'll try again!

    Was good to meet you and I am fascinated by how much power you, Hass and Dillon are layin down. TOO much sometimes! Awesome work at being different and hauling major ass! Hope to see you again soon!

    John
    Hey John it was good to meet you as well. Just seems thats all i hear when someone is referring to a run we had, " he got out on me or he left on me blah blah blah" I wasnt the fastest guy there that day by no means but ended up doing real good bouy to bouy and that what was in front of me so thats what i ran. As far as running again, you bet its all in fun and win or lose i would never act like a sore loser or be a dick to anyone. I cant make it anywhere for a while as my daughter turns 4 weeks old tomorrow.. I'm currently adding a few things to the tx20 and if you guys come to tawakoni this year i would be glad to meet up.. Next time yalls reaction wont be about the lag but probably about "HOLY SHIT THAT TX20 LEAVES HARD" haha take care and safe boating to ya!
    Eric
    Youngblood TX-20 Twin Turbo 496ci bbc {TURBO BOYZ}

  14. #12
    Senior Member 18GullwingMailman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Conway, AR
    Posts
    679

    Default Staying with 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodean's Hammer View Post
    Are you going with the 1 fuel, 1 N2O noids? curious to see how that works out. The setup would be clean as hell IMO
    I am staying with two. I started a twin to this thread in the dyno section and got several knowledgable online and offline replies. I ordered two 16048R solenoids that have Teflon seals inside.
    WFL Crew <----------> WFL Crew

  15. #13
    Senior Member 18GullwingMailman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Conway, AR
    Posts
    679

    Default Leaving hard...

    Quote Originally Posted by stallion176 View Post
    Hey John it was good to meet you as well. Just seems thats all i hear when someone is referring to a run we had, " he got out on me or he left on me blah blah blah" I wasnt the fastest guy there that day by no means but ended up doing real good bouy to bouy and that what was in front of me so thats what i ran. As far as running again, you bet its all in fun and win or lose i would never act like a sore loser or be a dick to anyone. I cant make it anywhere for a while as my daughter turns 4 weeks old tomorrow.. I'm currently adding a few things to the tx20 and if you guys come to tawakoni this year i would be glad to meet up.. Next time yalls reaction wont be about the lag but probably about "HOLY SHIT THAT TX20 LEAVES HARD" haha take care and safe boating to ya!
    Eric
    From what I can see and have heard about Hass and Dillon's rides - the info is out there to get it to leave hard! If you manage to get it worked out - it will be almost untouchable just as theirs are. You had pretty much most everyone at BB covered. You get the leave down, it'll be between you and Robbie or a blown alky Cheyenne!

    Be safe indeed and congrats on the little one.

    John
    WFL Crew <----------> WFL Crew

  16. #14
    Senior Member TNYoungblood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    5,094

    Default

    He ask me to race, i just laughed I didn't have nothin for him I would have liked to go for a ride in it though cause them turbos was pullin hard.. I bet its one hell of a ride


    I was waitin on the 911




    Don't fill bad John, Barry beat you too
    WFLC The REAL #321 Kentucky Drag Boat Association 2016 NJBA 10.0 High Points Champ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95