Steering Trouble
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 15

Thread:
Steering Trouble

  1. #1
    Senior Member TNYoungblood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    5,104

    Default Steering Trouble

    Hey guys I wanted to see what yal thought I should do to get my steering from hanging up .. I have looked at everything and can't find why my steering is hanging . The only thing i done was coat it and that stuff is like .001 thick and put new nyliners in it .. Say straight is 6 0'clock and when it gets to 5 or 7 it wonts to stick .. Makes it a azz to drive, and i have sanded on the droop sum but I don't won't to go to far if it might be something else .. Just lokin for ideas Its not in the cable, cable aint even hooked up and it worked great last year ...
    WFLC The REAL #321 Kentucky Drag Boat Association 2016 NJBA 10.0 High Points Champ

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    WFL Crew TINTDESIGNZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    East Texas
    Posts
    3,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TNYoungblood View Post
    Hey guys I wanted to see what yal thought I should do to get my steering from hanging up .. I have looked at everything and can't find why my steering is hanging . The only thing i done was coat it and that stuff is like .001 thick and put new nyliners in it .. Say straight is 6 0'clock and when it gets to 5 or 7 it wonts to stick .. Makes it a azz to drive, and i have sanded on the droop sum but I don't won't to go to far if it might be something else .. Just lokin for ideas Its not in the cable, cable aint even hooked up and it worked great last year ...
    its got to be the coating or the new orings...

    WFL CREW!
    http://www.performanceboats.com/cont...-magazine.html
    Everybody wants some...I want some too!

  4. #3
    Senior Member coonass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canyon Lake, TX
    Posts
    738

    Default

    give it time.... let it wear a little mine was hard at first but it gets better every weekend I go out
    WFLC


  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member Widetrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southwest corner AR
    Posts
    4,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TNYoungblood View Post
    Hey guys I wanted to see what yal thought I should do to get my steering from hanging up .. I have looked at everything and can't find why my steering is hanging . The only thing i done was coat it and that stuff is like .001 thick and put new nyliners in it .. Say straight is 6 0'clock and when it gets to 5 or 7 it wonts to stick .. Makes it a azz to drive, and i have sanded on the droop sum but I don't won't to go to far if it might be something else .. Just lokin for ideas Its not in the cable, cable aint even hooked up and it worked great last year ...
    Have you run the boat in the water? Jet pressure will loosen it up pretty quick! I sprayed some lube in mine to help till it wears some! It's worn now!


    SOMEONE SAID YOU CAN'T TAKE IT WITH YOU! SO,IM BURNING IT UP ONE GALLON AT A TIME!
    WT

    WFL Crew!!!

  7. #5
    Senior Member TNYoungblood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    5,104

    Default

    Its not tight, its stickin Does it under power also

    Might try to put the old nyliners in it and try it out ...
    WFLC The REAL #321 Kentucky Drag Boat Association 2016 NJBA 10.0 High Points Champ

  8. #6
    Senior Member Widetrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southwest corner AR
    Posts
    4,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TNYoungblood View Post
    Its not tight, its stickin Does it under power also

    Might try to put the old nyliners in it and try it out ...
    Did you get the powder coating off the inside? And did you powder coat the Place Diverter?
    With it all together move it back and forth then pull the PD off and see where thr nyliners rub the droop! Work that area some more with your paper! If you did PC the PD then you need to take it down some!


    SOMEONE SAID YOU CAN'T TAKE IT WITH YOU! SO,IM BURNING IT UP ONE GALLON AT A TIME!
    WT

    WFL Crew!!!

  9. #7
    Senior Member TNYoungblood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    5,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Widetrack View Post
    Did you get the powder coating off the inside? And did you powder coat the Place Diverter?
    With it all together move it back and forth then pull the PD off and see where thr nyliners rub the droop! Work that area some more with your paper! If you did PC the PD then you need to take it down some!

    It wasn't PC it was plated, this stuff is real thin, not like PC at all ... I'll slick it up sum more with sum sand paper and try it out .. You would think it would be tight throw all the movement but it aint, just in the turns
    WFLC The REAL #321 Kentucky Drag Boat Association 2016 NJBA 10.0 High Points Champ

  10. #8
    Senior Member Widetrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southwest corner AR
    Posts
    4,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TNYoungblood View Post
    It wasn't PC it was plated, this stuff is real thin, not like PC at all ... I'll slick it up sum more with sum sand paper and try it out .. You would think it would be tight throw all the movement but it aint, just in the turns
    I wonder how hot they have to cook the coating that they used?????? Maybe too hot?


    SOMEONE SAID YOU CAN'T TAKE IT WITH YOU! SO,IM BURNING IT UP ONE GALLON AT A TIME!
    WT

    WFL Crew!!!

  11. #9
    Senior Member TNYoungblood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    5,104

    Default

    I talked to Lindsey at Nitro and she said that they do bake it but not sure the temp and time it goes it .. A tech is gonna call me back with the info .. But I wouldn't think it would distort the droop, it hasn't anything else I done ...
    WFLC The REAL #321 Kentucky Drag Boat Association 2016 NJBA 10.0 High Points Champ

  12. #10
    WFL Crew TINTDESIGNZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    East Texas
    Posts
    3,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TNYoungblood View Post
    I talked to Lindsey at Nitro and she said that they do bake it but not sure the temp and time it goes it .. A tech is gonna call me back with the info .. But I wouldn't think it would distort the droop, it hasn't anything else I done ...
    you can get ya a snoot now...and sell that melted droop...

    WFL CREW!
    http://www.performanceboats.com/cont...-magazine.html
    Everybody wants some...I want some too!

  13. #11
    Senior Member Widetrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southwest corner AR
    Posts
    4,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TINTDESIGNZ View Post
    you can get ya a snoot now...and sell that melted droop...
    ROTFLMAO! I have a droop if you need one!


    SOMEONE SAID YOU CAN'T TAKE IT WITH YOU! SO,IM BURNING IT UP ONE GALLON AT A TIME!
    WT

    WFL Crew!!!

  14. #12
    WFL Crew TINTDESIGNZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    East Texas
    Posts
    3,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Widetrack View Post
    ROTFLMAO! I have a droop if you need one!
    hang on to that one...i may need it.

    WFL CREW!
    http://www.performanceboats.com/cont...-magazine.html
    Everybody wants some...I want some too!

  15. #13
    Senior Member TNYoungblood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    5,104

    Default

    I worked with it last night and I think it will come around , got the sticking out and still seems tight .. Hope i didn't go to far I'll find out today


    Thanks Guys
    WFLC The REAL #321 Kentucky Drag Boat Association 2016 NJBA 10.0 High Points Champ

  16. #14
    Senior Member vmaxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    EAST LA (Lower Arkansas)
    Posts
    721

    Default Got 1

    Quote Originally Posted by TINTDESIGNZ View Post
    hang on to that one...i may need it.
    I've got a Berk and a nozzle with a 3.125 bushing.
    "DON'T JUST TELL ME IT WON'T WORK TELL ME WHAT WILL"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95