Need alittle Help !!!!!!!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 35

Thread:
Need alittle Help !!!!!!!

  1. #1
    Senior Member TNYoungblood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    5,104

    Default Need alittle Help !!!!!!!

    Hey guys I notice this weekend that my ski locker was loose and when I went to mess with it it just came on out with no problem .. Looks like the bulkhead is toast along with the center support.. It looks like over a period of time that oil and water has got trapped in the front and done the damage.. I was planning on taking some wood out of the front this winter and was just wondering if I could get away without a bulkhead or is this something that needs to be fixed ASAP .. In the shape it is in now it can't be supporting anything .. Here's a few pics of what i got
    WFLC The REAL #321 Kentucky Drag Boat Association 2016 NJBA 10.0 High Points Champ

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member TNYoungblood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    5,104

    Default

    And does anybody happen to have a template of a bulkhead for a TX 19
    WFLC The REAL #321 Kentucky Drag Boat Association 2016 NJBA 10.0 High Points Champ

  4. #3
    Senior Member sturat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    797

    Default

    Just my .02, if it is not holding up any of the deck now I would change it now. I would be worried about the deck changing shape with out the support of it. Then agan i know jack $hit real well.
    Legalize the Constitution!

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member Widetrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southwest corner AR
    Posts
    4,045

    Default

    TN I have a half of one that I made for a carpet pattern! Looks like you found those parts that were missing! Call this guy he will shoot you stright! 501 624 0137 SS


    SOMEONE SAID YOU CAN'T TAKE IT WITH YOU! SO,IM BURNING IT UP ONE GALLON AT A TIME!
    WT

    WFL Crew!!!

  7. #5
    WFL Crew TINTDESIGNZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    East Texas
    Posts
    3,874

    Default

    wtf? did anyone get hurt in that wreck TN?
    Last edited by TINTDESIGNZ; 06-14-2011 at 03:26 PM.

    WFL CREW!
    http://www.performanceboats.com/cont...-magazine.html
    Everybody wants some...I want some too!

  8. #6
    Senior Member hotbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    lake Ouachita AR
    Posts
    4,677

    Default

    you need to fix that asap imo,

    the Bulkhead supports the movement of the top cap and supports more than you think


    Coby give the best advice call Tiger


    Sorry Bro!
    WFLC


    2011 Performer SS
    built by Scott Seastrom.

  9. #7
    Senior Member tigertooth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hotbo View Post
    you need to fix that asap imo,the Bulkhead supports the movement of the top cap and supports more than you thinkCoby give the best advice call TigerSorry Bro!
    Previous shop you took it to should have noticed that. Shame on them. Needs to be fixed asap. Motor has to come out. Boat off trailer. Leveled and straight. Then new bulkhead installed without ski locker. Sorry but looks like back to square 1 for you. ack to square 1 for you.

  10. #8
    "Need For Speed" Gearhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Atlanta, Texas, United States
    Posts
    1,210

    Default

    I have to agree with Tiger too. He did a great job replacing the broken one in my old TX-20 as well as squaring up the CP of Cindy Helms that was out of square... for what looked like many years. That boat has run and shut down straighter since the kickboard replacement and squaring up the hull.

  11. #9
    Senior Member hotbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    lake Ouachita AR
    Posts
    4,677

    Default

    im sorry Mike,but Tiger and Gear have given you the Best advice possible,if you continue to run this boat the way it is you will have more problems than just the 1 at hand
    WFLC


    2011 Performer SS
    built by Scott Seastrom.

  12. #10
    Senior Member TNYoungblood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    5,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tigertooth View Post
    Previous shop you took it to should have noticed that. Shame on them. Needs to be fixed asap. Motor has to come out. Boat off trailer. Leveled and straight. Then new bulkhead installed without ski locker. Sorry but looks like back to square 1 for you. ack to square 1 for you.





    Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
    I have to agree with Tiger too. He did a great job replacing the broken one in my old TX-20 as well as squaring up the CP of Cindy Helms that was out of square... for what looked like many years. That boat has run and shut down straighter since the kickboard replacement and squaring up the hull.



    Thanks guys, I think

    The only reason I noticed it was I gave a guy a ride sunday and he liked to shit his pants and was pushing his feet up against it and I noticed the ski locker pushed back when I got it home .. So I don't think that anybody would have seen it or noticed it while workin on it .. I got to lookin alittle more yesterday and after getting everything cleaned up the boat itself is solid and the stringers look great, so I was glad to see that .. But I'll listen to yal and start tearin her down .. Gotta be safe, that comes 1st

    But no fear boyz, "Greased Lightnin" will make the dig and will be in Rd 1 taking on the Texican
    WFLC The REAL #321 Kentucky Drag Boat Association 2016 NJBA 10.0 High Points Champ

  13. #11
    Senior Member TNYoungblood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    5,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Widetrack View Post
    TN I have a half of one that I made for a carpet pattern! Looks like you found those parts that were missing! Call this guy he will shoot you stright! 501 624 0137 SS




    Man I found several old beer cans, 6 life jackets, a anchor rope, several nuts,bolts, and washers,a paddle that I thought I lost and 4 air bags
    WFLC The REAL #321 Kentucky Drag Boat Association 2016 NJBA 10.0 High Points Champ

  14. #12
    WFL Crew TINTDESIGNZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    East Texas
    Posts
    3,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TNYoungblood View Post
    Thanks guys, I think

    The only reason I noticed it was I gave a guy a ride sunday and he liked to shit his pants and was pushing his feet up against it and I noticed the ski locker pushed back when I got it home .. So I don't think that anybody would have seen it or noticed it while workin on it .. I got to lookin alittle more yesterday and after getting everything cleaned up the boat itself is solid and the stringers look great, so I was glad to see that .. But I'll listen to yal and start tearin her down .. Gotta be safe, that comes 1st

    But no fear boyz, "Greased Lightnin" will make the dig and will be in Rd 1 taking on the Texican
    Geterdone bud... i'd hate for you to miss it!!!

    WFL CREW!
    http://www.performanceboats.com/cont...-magazine.html
    Everybody wants some...I want some too!

  15. #13
    Senior Member TNYoungblood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    5,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TINTDESIGNZ View Post
    Geterdone bud... i'd hate for you to miss it!!!


    I ain't gonna miss it, if mine aint ready you'll be packin around another fatazz in the Texican (no offense Trav)




    Boat is headin to the shop 1st thing in the mornin , it will be ready and alittle lighter when she gets done
    WFLC The REAL #321 Kentucky Drag Boat Association 2016 NJBA 10.0 High Points Champ

  16. #14
    WFL Crew TINTDESIGNZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    East Texas
    Posts
    3,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TNYoungblood View Post
    I ain't gonna miss it, if mine aint ready you'll be packin around another fatazz in the Texican (no offense Trav)




    Boat is headin to the shop 1st thing in the mornin , it will be ready and alittle lighter when she gets done
    well hell...we may as well rent a barge and take video...

    WFL CREW!
    http://www.performanceboats.com/cont...-magazine.html
    Everybody wants some...I want some too!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95